Models obtained from silicone moulding are the most preferred ones because of their durableness, high surface quality and mass production’ results.
One of the reasons to use silicone moulding is that, we can repidly produce cheaper plastic pieces using a master model that was produced using rapid prototyping technologies, instead of an expensive and everlasting metal one. Polyurethane materials, which have very close properties to the real products, can be easily used in visual examinations, crash tests and functional tests. These are some of the most common applications of polyurethane materials:
- Transparent models for visual applications and colored pieces that can be produced applying pigmentation.
- Piece productions that require tensional and flexural strenght as well as high impact resistance.
- High temperature resistance piece production.
- Flexible piece production in 45-90 shore.
- Wax casting process: metal pieces are prodused via precision casting methods. The geometries can be easily produced through the silicone molding method while they can not be produced in many situations, such as when an opposite angle is present, etc.